Questacon - The National Science and Technology Centre also provides enriching, inspirational and engaging onsite experiences for schools and groups of 20 people or more. Groups visiting Questacon must pre-book and we tailor pre-booked group experiences to group dynamics, interest and requirements. Group experiences of Questacon are inspiring, memorable and available during standard business hours, on weekends and through until 9.00pm 7-days a week.
Questacon is open to visitors daily and offers over 200 interactive scientific exhibits, live shows daily and special themed events and experiments within our dedicated scientific laboratory, QLab. The Centre is bustling, interactive and thought-provoking and therefore a minimum of two-hours is recommended for your booked group to fully experience Questacon. After hours experiences are available to groups through the Questacon by Night program.
|Price||Supervisor Free Entry
to Student Ratio*
|Under 4- years age||Free of charge**||N/A|
|QClub Members||Free of charge||N/A|
|Reciprocal Members||Free of charge||N/A|
Please note, a 50% surcharge applies for Questacon by Night experiences on weekends or public holidays.
* Entry for additional supervisors is priced at the same rate as their students.
** Special terms and conditions may apply
Confirming your Booking
Questacon annually accommodates over 400 000 onsite visitors including 127 000 school students. Therefore, to confirm your booking, email the Group Bookings Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information.
- Group title
- Group numbers, including students, reciprocal members and teachers
- Postal address
- Contact name and numbers
- Requested date and time of visit; and,
- Any additional requirements (Excited Particles show and/or Mega Bites Cafe requests, private use of QShop, etc.).
Once received, your booking will then be confirmed by Questacon through a reply confirmation letter by email. Please indicate in your initial contact if you would prefer to receive your confirmation letter via fax.
Please note, group bookings for the 2014 calendar year open 12.00am Monday 1 July 2013. Please email email@example.com on or after this date to secure your group's 2013 experience of Questacon.
Coach set-down and pick-up is available on the eastern side of the building via Mall Road West, opposite the National Portrait Gallery. A Questacon team member will greet your group upon arrival and coordinate your experience within the Centre. A map of the parliamentary precinct is available through this link.
Our Visitor Facilities
- Lockers are available upon request for group entry within the Centre. Full access to the Centre is available to persons with wheelchairs or walking aids.
- Questacon’s very own theatre troupe, the Excited Particles, perform live shows daily in various locations throughout the Centre. Be sure to pre-book to ensure your group experiences one of these shows. Exploring a diversity of scientific topics, Excited Particles shows are engaging, informative and inspiring. Excited Particles listed shows and show times.
- The Mega Bites Cafe offers freshly-made sandwiches, light snacks and refreshments with gluten free options also available for all visitors entering the Centre. Meal packages are also available to booked groups by request prior to arrival. Located within Canberra’s Parliamentary Triangle, Questacon is surrounded by lush gardens and scenic grassland ideal for lunchtime activities.
- QShop offers a broad range of science equipment, souvenirs and educational resources to ensure science stays with you. Products available for purchase include books, toys and scientific kits. Located in the Foyer, QShop offers scientific experiences not available elsewhere within the Centre.
- Liability insurance and safeguarding visitor safety through Workplace Health & Safety initiatives are core components of the Questacon experience. Download Questacon’s liability insurance certificate of currency here.
Questacon Group Bookings
Ready to make a booking? Got a question that’s not answered here?
|(02) 6270 2893|
|(02) 6270 2833|